Transdev’s Commitment to the Community
Transdev North America is pleased to have commenced ferry operations in February 2014. We are very proud to have accepted the community’s call to action to save the ferry system, which was in jeopardy of ceasing to exist. The ferries are a vital transportation mode that connects our community and provides a meaningful alternative to many people.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the fares to use the ferry?
2. Will Transdev run extra service during Mardi Gras?
3. Why do passengers now have to pay fares?
4. Why were there no fares before?
5. Will service be expanded in the future?
6. Where do I send my comments and further questions?
7. Is there a phone number for general information?
1. What are the fares to use the ferry?Please click on this link to see the fares. Fares are cash only with exact change required.
2. Will Transdev run extra service during Mardi Gras?Yes. Please click here to see the Mardi Gras 2014 schedule.
3. Why do passengers now have to pay fares?Current funding levels are insufficient to sustain ferry operations. The New Orleans City Council approved a fare structure to help sustain ferry operations and supplement existing state funding. Fare revenue will also be utilized to increase service as revenue permits.
4. Why were there no fares before?Some funding sources that were available prior to Transdev’s involvement are no longer available. Transdev cannot speak for the past funding issues and changes. We can only look forward and do everything in our power to sustain and improve the ferry lines in the future. Over time, we are committed to providing as much service as funding sources and revenue from fares will allow.
5. Will service be expanded in the future?A thorough assessment will be conducted by Transdev to fully understand the operation, the revenue provided by fares, and what funding might be available from other subsidies. Transdev will work diligently to provide as much service as available funding and fare revenues will allow. Ferry hours will remain as currently scheduled at this time. Transdev will continually review schedules and make adjustments as revenue and funding permit. Schedule adjustments will be announced in advance to the community.
6. Where do I send my comments and further questions?Please send any feedback, comments or questions to email@example.com. We welcome your feedback and input!
7. Is there a phone number for general information?Our information line is (504) 309-9789. Lines are open Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.